Monday 1 April 2013

Under Pressure...


Erin is lucky enough to have completed her university education and I am the lucky duck who gets to tough it out for another four-ish years. Needless to say after two years I am well accustomed to the stress of mid-semester assignments. 

I have been a very busy bee of late and my head is swimming with legal mumbo-jumbo and  various musical terms ...the perils of a double degree. It's my turn to post today, but I felt it might be a bit much to post an outfit of the day in my pyjamas. I couldn't even muster the energy to create an outfit (read couldn't be bothered with washing my hair)

So I have made a short playlist to take a study break with. I haven't talked much on here about my love of music. It is a huge part of my life and what I listen to is largely dictated by my moods. This mix is designed to block out the stress and let my mind be still for a minute or two. It's a bit of a mish mash when it comes to genres, but give them all a shot you may be pleasantly surprised. 

When I look for relaxing music I generally pick something that lets me drift off a bit hence why a number of these songs are nice and long. I also tend to opt for something with either no vocals or very chilled out ones. James Blake anyone? Is anyone else as excited for his new album as me?

As a side note I would have included the entire Purity Ring album, but 8tracks insists on only two tracks per artist. Boo. I saw them live last month and was blown away, one of the best acts I've seen in a long while. 

Anyways I am off to lie down with a cup of tea, a pair of headphones and my iPod. Hope you guys had a fab Easter. I'm off to the beach tomorrow! So I shall see you on Friday.

Jess xx

P.S. Just a reminder that if you fancy yourself some new shoes here is my eBay link

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...