Sunday 14 April 2013

The Top Five

Hi all! Long time no post. I have managed to wade out from under my textbooks and papers and am back in the land of blogging. Apologies for missing my usual Friday post but I had too much to do and not enough time to do it in. 

I wanted to start a new type of post on the blog. I am a lover of 'monthly favourites' videos on YouTube, but I feel that they just don't translate as well in blog form. I'm not sure just yet if these will be a monthly post, I may just do them as and when I feel like it. I'm sure as a shopping addict it won't take me long to accumulate enough for another post 


Music: Overgrown James Blake

It is too hard to put into words how much I love this album. I am a mahoosive James Blake fan and am beyond excited that he is touring with Splendour in the Grass later this year. I don't think I have to listened to anything else but this album since it was released on the 8th. I have been studying to it, sleeping to it and going to the gym listening to it. It's one of those rare albums where you love each and every track, and wouldn't ever skip any of them. Just perfection. Mr Blake definitely avoided that dreaded second album slump. If you haven't given this a listen yet I highly recommend it. You can get the deluxe edition on iTunes for a mere $16.99. 


Food: Cauliflower Pizza Bases

I haven't gotten around to actually cooking this recipe yet, but I am very intrigued by the concept of a cauliflower pizza base. I first heard about the concept on the lovely Tara's blog and she has since posted a recipe. However after some google-ing I think this recipe will produce a slightly sturdier crust. Basically by making the base with cauliflower instead of the traditional ingredients you get all the deliciousness of a pizza without the carbs. Genius! I am definitely curious. 


Beauty: Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask

My skin has not been a happy camper with me recently. I unwisely strayed from my tried and tested skincare routine and my skin made it's protests swiftly known. Said product has since been donated to the mother who is getting on rather well with it. My skin has just about settled back down, but remains a little congested. I love the Lush Fresh Face Mask line, they are really effective without all the chemical nasties. I currently have 5 empty Lush containers so at some point this week I shall pop into a store to trade them in for this tub of goodness. If you haven't quite earned a free mask yet they can be purchased in store or online for $16.95. I would recommend taking a sniff before committing to a purchase as the smell is definitely not my favourite part of this mask. 


Clothing: Layers


Alright so I might have cheated a little here... Ever since busting out my bargain blazer in this outfit post I have been obsessed with layers. I never thought I would be a blazer person, but this oversized one makes the usually crisp blazer look casual and relaxed. I have also been lusting after this NastyGal mesh sweater. This baby is on sale and I think NastyGal may be receiving yet another order from me this week. Winter in Brisvegas is tricky as by the middle of the day it's hot and all the jumpers you rugged up in are way too hot. This jumper solves the issue nicely and I think it will look killer with a maxi skirt and Docs. 


Shoes: Creepers

Yes I did just make a section just for shoes. I know, I know, I have a problem. Anywho I have been loving my creepers the past couple of weeks. I've yet to find an outfit they don't suit. Although I don't think I'll be purchasing anymore styles. The breaking in of my T.U.K. Creepers was so traumatic for my feet that I can't put them through it again. Finally they are comfortable and I can wear them without fear of ten blisters round my feet. I love the take on the Oxford brogue in the UNIF Grim Creepers and they're a great uni shoe. If you fancy any further opinions on these shoes I have done reviews on them both here and here

So there you have it my favourite things of the moment. The categories may evolve overtime, but I've really enjoyed creating this post today. 

Erin and I would like to thank you for your lovely comments on our recent posts, they mean so much to us. And to any new followers it's a pleasure to have you :)

I shall be back to usual posts this week so I'll be back again tomorrow.

What are your favourites of the moment?
Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...