Sunday 3 August 2014

Monthly Round-Up | July

Eat and Drink
Louis & Sons Delicatessen, Stones Corner

I posted a haul from this marvellous deli earlier on in the month and can happily say it is one of the best finds I've had in a while. While I love deli food, when I enter stores such as this I don't normally let myself get at 'spendy' as what I did in here. There was something about the quality of the products, the well balanced and reasonable pricing and the very 'small business' atmosphere that made me want to fill a bag to take home with me. Check out what I picked up here
Listen
1000 Forms Of Fear - Sia

It isn't often my favourite musicians become, or are, insanely internationally famous but recently the world has been taking notice of some incredibly talented people, for good reason. When Sia first entered my conscience it was through her album Some People Have Real Problems and her sensational songwriting ability had me completely won over. Her latest release 1000 Forms Of Fear, had such insane promotional build up that it topped charts worldwide. 

If you haven't been living under a rock, Chandelier, should be familiar to you. If you enjoy it, even in the slightest, I recommend the whole album front to back. Some of my favourite tracks include: Elastic Heart, Burn The Pages, Fair Game and Big Girls Cry. The quality of the song writing lies within the fact that Sia is an excellent songwriter with exceptional vocal talent.



Tech
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 Lens

I'm not sure if I've mentioned what I use to shoot my photos before. My camera of choice is the Canon 600D and until this week a 55-250mm lens. For OOTD shoots it has been perfect and very effective, however, a real pain in the backside for food and beauty photography. I finally got myself this 50mm lens and am blissed out with happiness. Look forward to some less awkwardly positioned food photography in the near future. 

Beauty
1 Second Volume Mascara by Bourjois


It feels like I'm constantly putting new mascaras in my beauty favourites section. I never used to be such a mascara fiend but I can definitely notice the trend in that direction. I wouldn't call this my all-time-favourite but it definitely does what it says. My lashes look more voluminous, which I want, and long enough to suit my liking. They can occasionally get a bit of a spidery look at the end but I'm going to lay part of the blame for that on myself and some dodgy application. 

I appreciate that the brush is plastic and it has quite a cool texture. However, when you pull the brush out of the barrel there is often a weird large excess that needs wiping back into the inside which can be frustrating if you're in a hurry. 

Like it but don't love it. 


This is sort of a cheaters favourite because I've only been using samples of this product. The full size product is way out of my price range but I thought I'd let you know its amazing if you can afford it. My skin has been going through an undesirably acne phase for the last week or two and because of all the treatments I've been putting it through, is now very dried out. Add harsh winter winds and you have some very uncomfortably skin. I found these in my sample stash and have been using about a pea sized amount before applying my moisturiser at night. 

If I could afford the full size product I think the long term effects would do great things for my skin. Unfortunately, once my samples run out, I will be returning to my almost-as-effective rose hip oil.

What have you been enjoying this past month? Let me know in the comments.

Happy Sunday, chickens!
Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...