Friday 29 March 2013

The End of an Era

Jeffrey Campbell Tardys in Black Leather, Blue Leather and Black and Yellow Pony Fur 

It's no secret that I love Jeffrey Campbell shoes. However even I didn't realise quite how many pairs I have managed to collect over the last 2 years. I have sixteen pairs of his shoes to my name and I think the time has come for me to let some of them go. 

My tastes have changed a lot since I first started wearing heels. I was a wedge lover and loved clomping about in my JC Tardys. Now I have definitely been converted to Team Lita and there I shall stay. 

So what to do with my past loves. I have been umming and ahhing over whether or not to sell some of my older pairs of JCs. As much as I love them I hate that the sit in my room not being shown off to the world. So I am manning up and like a tearful mother sending them off into the world. But before I do I thought I would give you my thoughts on the shoes.

Tardys are a block wedge lace-up boot. I first fell in love with them as they were a much, much more affordable alternative to the Chloe x Dr Marten collaboration heels. They're the same height as Litas, but being so used to a spilt heel I now find these a little trickier to walk in. They are a fantastic introduction into platform heels though. With all that ankle support your chances of eating pavement are significantly reduced. 

Naturally with the large wooden platform these are quite a heavy shoe, but once they're laced onto your feet I've never had a problem. Another thing to note is that people will hear you coming in these shoes, they are a very clompy shoe.

Overall I love these shoes and their aesthetic  but the reality is that I just don't wear them enough to justify keeping them. 

If any Aussie girls are looking to pick yourselves up a pair I have them all currently up on eBay here. Figuring out the international shipping rates seemed a tad tricky, but if you are gripped with a burning desire to possess these shoes then comment or eBay message me and I'll see what I can sort out :)

Cheerio guys

Jess xx

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...