Friday 21 February 2014

Recipe | Weekday Pasta


 Hi lovelies! I haven't talked about it much on the blog, but I have a very active job. What with running up and down stairs and long shifts I've been finding I need quite a bit of fuel to get me through the day. I've been experimenting with pasta recipes that are quick to make on a weeknight and then take the leftovers to work the next day. 

Serves 2 - 3
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups of pasta ( I used Buckwheat)
1 large zucchini
1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves of garlic
1 head of broccoli 
1 tbspn sun dried tomatoes  
3 tbspn pesto
1/2 cup of passata, I used a homemade one, but store bought will also work

To a hot fry pan add the garlic with a little bit of oil, lightly fry before adding the mushrooms, zucchini, and diced sun dried tomatoes. Let the vegetables cook gently before removing them from the heat.

Add the pasta to boiling water and leave to cook for around 10 minutes. In the last couple of minutes add the broccoli. Drain and place into large mixing bowl. 

Combine the vegetables, pasta, pesto and passata and mix well. 

Serve topped with parmesan cheese, and left the extras in the fridge for work the next day. 

So it's super simple, but something I have been enjoying making recently. If any of you would like to know how I make my own passata then let me know and I will take some photos next time I make up a batch. 

What are your favourite quick dinners?

Jess x


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...