It's been a while but I have a new playlist for you today. Recently, (since Jess thankfully forced the music upon me) I have been getting into The Great Gatsby soundtrack and Daft Punk's new album Random Access Memories. This playlist includes a selection of my favourites from those two albums intertwined with some other songs that I love to listen to when getting ready for a night out or even in the morning before work to pump me up for the day.
They range in genre a little and may seem like a strange collection. I think a common theme that runs through the lot of them is that I can sing along. I find that to be a very important component in music for a night out (or pre-drinking). I love to sing so anything that makes me feel good about myself and my voice will get me feeling happy and in the mood for socialising. Click 'read more' to get the track listing...
1. Where the Wind Blows - Coco O.
2. Crazy in Love (Kid Koala Version) - Emeli Sandé & The Bryan Ferry Orchestra
3. Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell Williams) - Daft Punk
4. Bang Bang - will.i.am
5. Off To The Races - Lana Del Rey
6. Promises - The Presets
7. Contact - Daft Punk
8. I Got Burned (feat. Tim Rogers) - The Bamboos
9. Follow Me - Maia Vidal
9. Back to Black - Beyoncé & André 3000
10. The Reeling - Passion Pit
11. Happy Up Here - Royksopp
12. Chemmie - Joan as Police Woman
13. A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) - Fergie, Q-Tip and GoonRock
These aren't necessary an indicator of music I listen to a on a a day to day basis but they have definitely been filling my ears a lot in the last month. Everything in my life has been going really well lately so it's nice to have a beat going that connects with real life.
Have you been obsessing over those two new albums recently? Let me know and tell Jess and I that we're not crazy for blogging about Daft Punk two posts in a row. We really love it. Really really really.