Wednesday 19 June 2013

OOTD | Thoroughly Modern Foxes



 

 Mint Knit Top - Thrifted / High Waisted Faux-Suede Shorts - Princess Polly / Cream Loose-Knit Cardigan - Thrifted / Angora Wool Socks - Gift / Brown Leather Lace-ups - R.M. Williams / Sunglasses - Sportgirl



For the past few months I've literally been living out of a suitcase. 80% of my clothes have either been at my parent's home in Victoria or in storage just out of my reach. Having recently moved I have been unpacking and rekindling (or regretting purchasing) a lot of my much missed wardrobe. This outfit is probably the first of many to come styled using clothes that I had forgotten I owned but have missed so much. 


I found this super cute knitted mint blouse a few years ago and still can't get over it. The combination of fake buttons, ribbed sleeves and waist, and interesting knit pattern just make it something I don't think I'll ever be able to part with. It doesn't have a super wear-ability factor because of the neckline but I can look beyond that to see its inner-beauty. 

These shorts were snapped up on sale in Princess Polly a year or two ago. They definitely have that faux-suede/leather feel to them which can be a deterrent (as those of you with laser cut-out garments know) when pairing them with stockings - they can catch on slightly looser fibers and become a pain. However, I am a sucker for high-waisted burgundy anything so I was sure to fall hard for these. 

Now for my favourite part of the outfit, the adorable socks with snuggly warm foxes on them. These were a gift from a dear friend of mine on a recent trip of hers to the US. Now that the days are getting colder I am really beginning to appreciate the warmth of these angora wool beauties as much as I appreciate the funky fluorescent  foxes. 

And thats my outfit for this week, I hope you like it. Do you have any adorable thrifted finds that don't get worn a lot but can't bear to part with? Let me know in the comments.

Erin xx

4 comments:

  1. Holy wow Erin, those socks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over the scalloped, burgundy shorts, and the fox socks. The creamish cardigan added a nice touch. Cool outfit :). I have a pair of burgundy ankle boots that i thrifted a while ago but haven't worn them as of recent. I want to wear them soon.

    following your blog, check mine out? chiffon-cloud.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute shorts :)




    Santenne of Crystallized Elements.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...