Friday 21 March 2014

Shoes | Dr. Martens 1461 Classic

Dr Marten 1461 Classic Oxford in Black

Hi lovelies! So it's been a while since I have welcomed a new pair of shoes into my wardrobe. I'm not quite sure what brought on this restraint, but I have to admit I have been more than content with my current collection. 

I decided to invest in a pair of three-eye Dr Martens for work. The practicality of the shoe is obvious, but I have also really been enjoying wearing them day to day. My creepers are on their last legs, and these have been stepping in as their replacement. 

Breaking them in was not an enjoyable process, but then it never is with Docs. My advice is just to wear them on short trips, so your feet aren't too disgruntled by the process. It took about 2 weeks, but I can now happily wear them whilst being on my feet all day at work. 

I opted to purchase mine from an independent retailer in Brisbane, however Urban Outfitters do sell this style here. Take note though that they are on back-order and might not ship straight away. 

If it's possible I would definitely recommend trying these shoes on in person before buying online. These are a unisex shoe and I found the fit to be quite wide. As a result I ended up buying a size smaller. 

Whilst not the cheapest of shoes I am hoping that, like my other Docs, these shoes will stand the test of time. 

What shoes have you bought lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...