Tuesday 18 March 2014

Review | Illamasqua VS. Maybelline Colour Sensational Bold Matte


When Priceline does a 40% off all cosmetics sale I can do very little to restrain myself from purchasing unnecessary items. This time was no different and whilst shopping solo I managed to whimsically purchase a lip colour I am known to be drawn towards. Bright coral colours always manage to draw me in. However, since purchase Illamasqua's lipstick in the shade Over I have been contented on the bright coral front. Maybelline New York's latest offering in Peach from the Colour Sensational Bold Matte collection was enough to draw me back in. 

I love a matte lip, no matter how drying and exposing of dry lips they may be. I also love a bright lip; again no matter how exposing they are. In a comparison of these colours I will say that the Illamasqua formula is more drying than the Maybelline New York Colour Sensational but wouldn't say that either offer an abundance of moisture. 

When I purchased the Illamasqua colour I also purchased a lip liner from them in the colour Spell which conveniently works slightly better with the Maybelline New York colour than the Illamasqua one. 

The Maybelline New York shade offers a more pink toned shade whereas Illasmasqua offers one more grounded in orange shades (if either of these are preferential for you skin tone). 

I love both of these colours and will continue to wear the Over by Illamasqua even though I have found a dupe for it. Have you tried either of these colours or have an obsession with bright coral? Let me know in the comments.

Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...