Monday 25 November 2013

Review | NYX Matte Lipsticks

 NYX Matte Lipsticks (From L to R) in Merlot, Shocking Pink, Alabama and Indie Flick

Hi lovelies! Another day, another lipstick review. I have resigned myself to a complete lack of control whenever the words matte and lipstick are combined. A website I used to shop on quite frequently was Cherry Culture, and when they sent me a code for 20% off my purchase, I couldn't resist.  

They stock a myriad of American drugstore beauty brands including Jordana, Milani and most excitingly NYX. Target have also recently started stocking the brand so for immediate gratification purposes I would head there. 

I picked up four shades from the Matte Lipstick range. I have heard many postive reviews for these lipsticks over the years and I'm glad to say that they live up to their reputation. Whilst they aren't quite as matte as my favourite Illamasqua or Mac formulas these are very similar in finish to the Kate Moss for Rimmel Matte Lipsticks. I find them very creamy and comfortable to wear, with a good lasting time of around 4 - 5 hours. 

I'm so pleased that NYX is now stocked in stores as I will be able to get a more accurate idea of the shade range. Swatches of these lipsticks can take a bit of searching and the swatches on Cherry Culture are not the most accurate. Hence why I ended up with two shades (Alabama and Merlot) that are very similar. I do wear shades like this a lot during the cooler months however so they wont be going to waste. 

My favourite picks were definitely Indie Flick and Shocking Pink. A vibrant orange-red Indie Flick definitely reminds me of So Chaud by Mac. And Shocking Pink is a great blue-based pink that is almost neon. 

I highly recommend checking out these lipsticks in person as for the price the quality is fantastic. 

NYX Matte lipsticks are available online at Cherry Culture or at selected Targets for $12.95. For a full list of NYX stockists in Australia check out this wonderful graph from Tried and Tested

Will you be picking up any of the shades?

Jess xx

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I've just put in a huge order on Cherry culture. The site looks amazing, though the shipping fee is pretty annoying.
    http://makeupmonster77.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed the shipping costs can be a little steep, but the products are so much cheaper that it's worth it!

      J x

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...