Sunday 3 November 2013

About Face | Faintly Pink


I don't often do anything too interesting or colourful with colour in my makeup but I thought my outfit for my cousins wedding (see outfit here) needed a touch of pink on my face to brighten everything up. I've not done one of these posts before because my makeup is fairly plain and unexciting but this is an exciting look for me (maybe not anyone else). 
I start with a base of Clinique's Anti-Blemish Solutions Foundation in Fresh Alabaster (the lightest shade) that I apply using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. After, I use my High Definition Concealer by Smashbox in the shade Fair and worked it in under my eyes with my fingers. I then set it all with a Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder using the Sigma Large Powder brush (both courtesy of Jess). This is something I do almost everyday no matter what look I'm going for; I think it is just a really nice base that works well for my skin. 

I was going for a pink toned look so I use a product I normally shy away from, blush. My favourite blush at the moment is Clinique's Blush Powder in Bashful Plum. It has a really subtle shimmer but the effect is super natural and doesn't frighten me when I go to apply it like I've found with others (yes, I am afraid of colour). I use the Real Techniques Contour brush to apply this. 

The way I begin any look on my eyes is to line the top waterline with my Maybelline Master Liner. I feel this is just a good way to define my lash line and enhances any liquid liner and mascara I put on top. 

I prime my eyelids with Maybelline's 24 Hour Colour Tattoo Metal in Inked in Pink. I love this colour and use it as a eye primer every other day for a lovely subtle flash of colour. On top of that I used a combination of an NYX trio of Baby Pink, Cotton Candy and Spring Flower. I laid down a pretty generous coat of the Cotton Candy colour with my Real Techniques Detailer brush and applied the darker colour, Spring Flower with my Eco-Tools Angled Crease brush in the crease. I blended these two together pretty well and put a little bit of the Baby Pink colour on the inner corner of my eyes with my Detailer brush.

My next step is a really simple thin black line of Maybelline's Master Precise black liquid liner. I can attempt to do fancy cat eye but when I've put so much effort (more than usual for me) into my eye shadow I don't like to A) over power the look and B) risk screwing it up and having to start again. Both of those I am likely to do so I stick to the simple. A quick coat of Rimmel's Lash Accelerator and I'm almost done.

The brow obsessive that I am, I have been using two brown pencils lately. I start with my Models Prefer Brow Pencil in Medium and basically cover the whole brow before going in with my Prestige Brow Pencil in Toffee and accentuating the top corners and a little way along the top of each brow. 

I believe I did a quick swipe of Clinique's Chubby Stick in Chunky Cherry on my lips as well but it was a week ago now and I can't quite recall 100%. 

This has turned into a fairly mammoth post, I hope I didn't bore you. If you managed to make it through all of that detail let me know if you have any recommendations for similar products or things you think I would enjoy that could enhance this look further.

Hope you've all had a top weekend.
Erin xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...