Monday 16 December 2013

Review | NYX Highlight & Contour Duo


Hi lovelies! So today is a review of a new NYX product that I have been testing out over the past couple of weeks. You may remember from this review that NYX have recently launched in Target stores Australia wide, so I have been keen to test out the range. 

Sadly this is a product I haven't been as impressed with. I have been lusting after the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting powder for several months, but despite the rave reviews have hesitated due to the price. I thought this might prove a good alternative. 

I think the biggest disappointment for me was the highlighter. The chalky, matte white doesn't give much pigmentation once applied to the skin and fails to give the impression of glowing skin. In future I shall be sticking to my preferred champagne highlighters. 

The contour side is better in pigmentation, but I still found myself disappointed. The powder is fairly dry to the touch and this makes it difficult to blend on the skin. This might be forgiven if the powder was lighter in colour, however the dark brown makes it difficult to achieve a natural result. 

If you're looking for a handy highlighting and contouring kit from the drugstore I would recommend looking at the Sleek Highlighting and Contouring kits. I have used both shades medium and light and found the pigmentation of both to be fantastic. The powders also blend nicely into the skin. Sleek ship internationally from their website if any Aussie girls are interested. 

Overall this product isn't unusable, however there are better alternatives at a comparable price point. If you're still curious I would recommend swatching this product in store before you buy. 

What are you favourite highlighting and contouring products?

Jess x


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...